In the early 1920’s Edgar Doerflinger opened what he expected to be a part time business, The Doerflinger Machine Works, in Sandusky, Ohio. Because of the quality of his work the endeavor became a full time venture, and he later invited his son-in-law Earl Schwab to join the family business. By the 1950’s Edgar Doeflinger had retired, and Earl Schwab took over the reigns. The thriving business had outgrown its location, and the decision was made to move to the present site on Venice Road. The name was then changed in 1966 to Schwab Machine, Inc. and the company established a tradition of providing customers with excellent quality machine work and dependable service. Now in it’s third generation, the family tradition continues today.